Wednesday 9 January 2013

Dear Sam,

I don't know why I'm writing to you first. I really don't.
You're going to take this the wrong way, but please give me a chance to explain myself when I say that I'm almost afraid of you. I am scared of letting you down. I've never had a friend who relied on me as much as you do - and that trust is just incredible, Sam. I don't know what to do with it. I'm scared to do the wrong thing, in a moment of selfish fancy, and I'm scared to destroy you. You're so precious, my baby, and I'm scared of how raw and open and honest you are. There is no messing around with you - and I don't want to mess around with you. You're so, so good - far better than I can ever hope to be - and it scares me that, as much as you trust me, I trust you just as much. I've got your back, and you have mine, but all I want is for us to cuddle and wear rose-tinted glasses together.
Lots of love and trust from Katherine xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment